Protrans Automotive & Transmission Specialists has job openings available for a Service Writer! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Riverside, CA.
Service Writers are our shop's face and voice to the outside world, and are therefore an incredibly important part of our success as a shop. A successful service writer will have an understanding of automotive work, a positive and outgoing personality, and a dedication to honesty and fairness.
The Service Writer will be responsible for:
- Scheduling appointments with customers.
- Ensuring effective communication between service technicians and Protrans Automotive & Transmission Specialists customers.
- Inspecting vehicles and accurately diagnosing problems
- Providing estimates to customers based on parts and labor costs and deductibles, after verifying warranty coverage
- Preparing accurate repair orders, detailing problems and approving repairs
- Updating customers with any service recommendations made by service technicians
- Maintaining and enhancing knowledge of automotive maintenance and repairs
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Dependable, honest and outgoing
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
Click here to submit your application for this position.
Where do i start.. Wednesday afternoon 3pm before Thanksgiving on way home to Phoenix, car goes into limp mode, got referred to Protrans. Called them they agreed to take a look. Diagnosed, parts ordered and Throttle Body replaced and road tested. So very excited to know that there are still Honest shops out there that actually care about their clients. Highly recommend Protrans.
Jeff, Matt and Hayley and the team at Protrans did an incredible job and went above and beyond for us. We had a one of a kind, 1970 Ford Chinook Motor Home that made it down to Joshua Tree from Homer Alaska. It sat during the pandemic and we finally rescued her almost 3 years later. She did not deal with the transition to desert life smoothly and was leaking badly and ran terribly. We had her towed to Riverside and found Protrans from a referral from another shop. The team at Protrans rebuilt the transmission and went through the engine to get us back on the road without breaking our budget. Jeff was good about communicating and Matt even drove over the day after we picked it up to help assess some issues that came up on the way home. Can't say enough about the professionalism, care, and service we received and would recommend them to anyone for all car repairs!